› About us › Mission
The Agency's mission is to assist modernisation and improvement of international competitiveness of the national economy by efficient attraction of foreign direct investments.
Our objective is to create an efficient system of attracting foreign direct investments to the economy of Belarus, including by improvement of the privatization mechanism.
Tasks assigned to the Agency:
- creation and support of an attractive investment image of Belarus. Positioning of the country as a profitable investment location, in the first place in high-tech industries and high added value productions;
- creation of an efficient system of interaction of Belarusian companies and authorities with foreign investors as well as providing the members of the investment process with information, administrative and other support at all the stages of projects implementation;
- improvement of the privatization mechanism by testing and introducing new, advanced international approaches in the field.
To complete the tasks, the Agency has the following functions:
- participation in development of the policy of attraction foreign direct investments;
- interaction with transnational corporations to create joint import-substituting enterprises in Belarus;
- implementation of the measures to create the country's investment image (analytical reviews about investment conditions, information about investment projects and governmental property being privatised, holding conferences in Belarus and abroad);
- creation and maintenance of the investment projects database;
- support of implementation of investment projects, including preparation of action plans to carry out such projects;
- preparation of an offer to privatise objects in the national and municipal ownership as well as other functions.
Performance of some functions of privatisation bodies on certain objects is part of the Agency's competence, namely:
- attraction of specialists to perform privatisation works;
- participation in preparing draft resolutions on privatisation of the shares owned by Belarus;
- drawing up offers on the method and conditions of privatisation objects sale;
- establishment of a commission to hold auction sales;
- submission of complaints on the disputes arising from privatisation contracts.