› Press Centre › News
News about NAIP and investments in Belarus
- 27.04.2017Plans to attract Slovakian investors to Belarus' Vitebsk OblastThe Vitebsk Oblast Executive Committee hosted the negotiations with the participation of Slovakia Prime Minister Robert Fico. Plans to attract Slovakian investors to carry out two major investment projects in Vitebsk Oblast were high on the agenda of the negotiations.
- 20.04.2017Business unions of Belarus, Estonia, Malta to set up common websiteOn 19 April, the Business Union of Entrepreneurs and Employers named after Professor M.S. Kunyavsky, the Estonian Association of Small and Medium Enterprises (EVEA) and the Malta Chamber of SMEs (GRTU) signed an agreement on long-term cooperation. The document guarantees additional assistance to entrepreneurs in establishing business contacts and information about doing business terms in the three countries.
- 20.04.2017Favorable conditions for Serbian companies, Serbian investments in Belarus underscoredFavorable conditions have been enabled in Belarus for the operation of Serbian companies and for making Serbian investments. The statement was made by Belarusian Antimonopoly Regulation and Trade Minister Vladimir Koltovich during the tenth session of the Belarusian-Serbian intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation in Belgrade.
- 19.04.2017Belarus invites Czech companies to invest in Hi-Tech Park, Great Stone Industrial ParkBelarus invites Czech companies to invest in the Hi-Tech Park and the Great Stone Industrial Park, Belarus' Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs Yevgeny Shestakov said at the Belarusian-Czech business forum in Minsk on 19 April, BelTA has learned.
- 19.04.2017Finnish Minister Mykkänen: abount investments to Belarus, success of IT and BelNPPThe Minister of Foreign Trade and Development of Finland visited Minsk for the first time in the history of Belarusian-Finnish relations. Kai Mykkänen brought with him the delegation of the Finnish business representatives of three energy companies (Wärtsilä, Valmet and KPA Unicon), Safegate company, which specializes in lighting the airport runways, the Kesko retail chain and the manufacturer of industrial chemistry, polymers and plastic Telko.
- 18.04.2017Belarus and China to create robot co-productionBelarus and China plan to create a joint production of robots, said Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Belarus to China Kirill Rudy during the visit of the Chinese parliamentary delegation headed by Chairman of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress Zhang Dejiang to China-Belarus Industrial Park Great Stone.
- 17.04.2017 JSC Brest beer re-auction to be held on May 16JSC Brest beer is put up for auction as a single property complex with the initial price of BYN 17 420 000 without VAT. The first repeated auction will be held on May 16.
- 17.04.2017Ten new Chinese companies eager to become residents of China-Belarus industrial parkThe China-Belarus industrial park Great Stone will welcome about ten new resident companies soon, said Oblast Governor Semyon Shapiro.
- 17.04.2017Belarus and Finland intend to develop trade and economic cooperation more activelyOn April 13, the first visit of the Minister of Foreign Trade and Development of Finland Kai Mykykianen to Belarus in the history of bilateral relations took place. The delegation includes representatives of major Finnish companies such as Wärtsilä, Valmet, KPA Unicon, Kesko, Idman/Seygate Group, which work in the field of advanced innovative technologies in the energy market, agricultural equipment, and construction materials.
- 14.04.2017Investor to place $10m in housing estate in Brest centerBrest citizens are intrigued by the construction work in the center of the city on the pedestrian Soviet street. The six-story complex worth $ 10 million, implemented by a group of private investors close to one of the largest construction holdings of the Czech Republic PSJ Holding a.s., promises to become one of the most ambitious projects of residential real estate in Belarus.
- 13.04.2017Start-up processing video streams through neural networks became Venture Day Minsk winnerIn the traditional competition of start-ups, which took place in the framework of the annual conference Venture Day Minsk on April 12, the new Belarusian project Fansy won. It teaches artificial intelligence to find interesting moments in game video streams. As a prize, the team received tickets for the TechCrunch Disrupt conference in Berlin.
- 13.04.2017Doing business in Belarus to become as simple as possibleThe group on stimulation of business activity, which worked in Belarus for the past few months, presented the most relevant innovations for public discussion. All offers can be found on the National Legal Internet Portal. The draft document provides that for starting business it will only be necessary to notify the local authorities.
- 12.04.2017Chinese ZTE to set up telecom equipment factory in BelarusThe Chinese company ZTE plans to set up a telecom equipment factory in Belarus, Belarusian Communications and Informatization Minister Sergei Popkov said.
- 11.04.2017Kenyan businessman to buy Belarusian agricultural firm FalitchyChairman of the largest Kenyan group of companies Samir Naushad Merali plans to buy from Belinvestbank OJSC agrofirma Falitchy.
- 11.04.2017Plans to attract more resident companies to China-Belarus industrial parkBelarus' Economy Minister Vladimir Zinovsky and Deputy Head of the Belarus President Administration Nikolai Snopkov met with representatives of the park's joint management company set up by the Chinese corporations China Merchants Group and CAMCE (the holding company Sinomach).
- 11.04.2017NAIP invites enterprises and organizations to participate in the Belarusian Investment and Economic Forum in SeoulMay 15, 2017 in Seoul (Republic of Korea) the Belarusian Investment and Economic Forum will take place.
- 10.04.20174 buildings in Minsk center offered to investorsThe State Property Committee of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of Industry of the Republic of Belarus and Minsk City Executive Committee search for one or more investors for real estate in the center of Minsk.
- 05.04.2017Pakistan to invest in new assembly production of Belarus tractorsPakistan is ready to implement an investment project to open an assembly production of tractors ‘Belarus’. This was stated by Minister of Industry of the Government of the Punjab Province Sheikh Allauddin in Minsk during negotiations with the company's management.
- 30.03.2017NAIP issued digest ‘Investment projects in Belarus’The National Agency of Investments and Privatization issued a digest called ‘Investment projects in Belarus’. Specialists created a review in which they combined the most interesting projects offered for implementation to foreign and Belarusian businesses.
- 30.03.2017World Bank started to develop new partnership strategy for BelarusThe World Bank has started to develop a new strategy to support Belarus for 2018-2021. This was announced today at a meeting with First Deputy Prime Minister of Belarus Vasily Matyushevsky, Senior Vice President of the World Bank for Operations Kyle Peters.
- 29.03.2017REVERA Law Firm published an investment review DOING BUSINESS in Belarus 2017In the Doing Business-2017 handbook, we set out not only to talk about how attractive Belarus is, but also help investors to assess risks themselves and draw up a competent, impartial view of Belarus’ opportunities.
- 28.03.2017Belarusian-Polish IPO center opened in MinskThe Belarusian-Polish IPO center has been established at premises of the School of Business and Management of Technology of the Belarusian State University. The Polish-Belarusian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Warsaw Stock Exchange contributed to the project from the Polish side. The Belarusian side is represented by the School of Business and Management of Technology.
- 28.03.2017 Alexander Pivovarsky: Belarus has been rapidly advancing in the ratings on the quality of the environment for the start of business developmentThe European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is ready to finance the creation of new industries. The head of the representative office in Belarus Alexander Pivovarsky told about the plans and intentions of the EBRD.
- 24.03.2017Italy eager to intensify cooperation in green economy with BelarusItaly is eager to intensify investment cooperation in the green economy with Belarus, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Italy to Belarus Stefano Bianchi told reporters before the 1st Belarusian-Italian Forum on Green Economy on 24 March.
- 24.03.2017Belarus seeks investors for M10 road section reconstructionThe Public-Private Partnership Center published a preliminary information memorandum on the PPP project Reconstruction of the M-10 highway the Russian Federation border (Selishche) – Gomel-Kobrin from 109.9 to 195.15 km.
- 23.03.2017UNECE welcomes Belarus' progress in development of PPPThe Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) welcomed the high results that Belarus has achieved in the development of public-private partnership.
- 22.03.2017Kronospan intends to invest additional funds in development of woodworking in BelarusKronospan Company intends to invest additional funds in the development of woodworking industry in Belarus. This is an increase in the volume of timber processing, production and export. In 2017-2018, Kronospan plans to invest an additional 211 million USD in its production in Belarus with the creation of about 120 new jobs.
According to information resources
- 22.03.2017Expo 2020 organizers launch Expo Live program to finance creative solutionsWhile preparing for World Expo 2010 in Dubai (UAE), the organizers are launching a program for financing creative solutions – Expo Life.
- 21.03.2017The State Property Committee hereby announces sale of stocks of joint-stock companies possessed by the Republic of BelarusThe State Property Committee of the Republic of Belarus hereby declares sales by auctions and tenders of equity stock owned by the country’s Government in the authorized capital of companies and enterprises as the asset complex of republican unitary enterprises.
- 20.03.2017Eximgarant of Belarus, China's Sinosure sign cooperation agreementEximgarant of Belarus and the Chinese company Sinosure signed an agreement on cooperation.